Toning Your Butt & Thighs | Woodland Hills Personal Fitness
Your butt and thighs play an important role in helping your legs look and feel strong and toned. When your butt is lifted and your thighs are toned, your legs will look great.
At my Woodland Hills Personal Fitness studio, I always target butt and thighs. Most of the time I use a Pilates Reformer because you can change the resistance of the springs to to add intensity while maintaining proper body alignment.
I offer my home workout membership program “I’m Fit & Happy” for free to my Woodland Hills Personal Fitness Clients so they can work out from home in between our sessions. The workouts in my videos include Mat Pilates, Sculpt Tone, Sculpt Cardio, Butt/Thighs, Core, and Stretch. One of the butt & thighs exercises I teach in my home workout videos is the quadruped leg lift so I am going to teach you how to do the quadruped leg lift below.
How to tone your butt & thighs | Woodland Hills Personal Fitness
- Balance on all fours with your shoulders aligned over your wrist crease. Hands are shoulder width apart.
- Align one knee under your hip.
- Keep your head in line with your spine and imagine you have a lemon under your chin.
- Reach a straight leg with a pointed foot behind you in line with the same side hip.
- Lift a straight leg up to hip level keeping your abs in and your spine stabilized. (Don’t arch your back to lift your leg, only lift your leg as high as you can keep your hips and spine stabilized.)
- Squeeze your glutes as tight as you can.
- Lower your big toe to the ground keeping your leg straight.
SETS, REPS, & Modifications
Number of repetitions: 25
Number of sets: 3 on each leg (alternate legs)
To make it more challenging: Wrap an ankle weight up to 5 lbs. around your ankle.
To make it less challenging: Perform 10-15 reps each leg for only 2 sets.
I personally train clients in my Private Studio in Woodland Hills, Ca. Read more about my training services here.
Call to schedule your first appointment with Kelly Newkirk, Woodland Hills Personal Fitness Trainer (213) 373-1348
Disclaimer: Please check with your doctor and have it cleared before beginning any new exercise or diet program. I am in no way a doctor, nutritionist, or registered dietician, my blog is opinion based and I do not claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any cause, condition or disease. All information provided is for informational purposes only; it is not medical advice and has not been approved by the FTC or FDA. Please always communicate with your doctor to make any decisions or changes regarding your health, as your doctor is the only one who knows what is right for you.